Hey good people! I know, I know- two weeks have just zoomed by and I’ve been ghost. I was busy enjoying my Founders Day last Wednesday, so the blog was officially on a Holiday pause by management (by the way, much love to all of my amazing Sorors… OO-OOP!) In lieu of being on such a natural high off life right now, I figured what better time than now to write about a few things that make me feel great about myself and life in general. After such a controversial post last time (see here), I wanted to do something more “bubbly” per se- cause I don’t think y’all were ready lol. Not only that, but I noticed a few weeks ago that this has been a trend on Youtube and decided to do a quick list of my own, especially being in the mental space I’m in:
- creating … whether it be a dance, poem, or blog post just as simplistic as this. To create is a rejuvenating feeling and to share such art with others is the beauty of it all.
- finishing a great book (see Gone Girl, War of Art, & And Then There Was None) For as long as I can remember, I’ve always loved to read. Yes, I was that child that read all the books from Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. Yes all 13 books before the age of 14.
- laughter. it’s good for the soul. period.
- having my own concert on my way to work. oh yea and to brunch..and to the gym… and home. serving mean alto/delusional soprano at all times. I am Beyonce.
- my students outscoring the district in their testing– Ayy! #YepTrueStory
- completing a flawless makeup routine…because creating the perfect winged eye takes skill. And not looking like a clown is a major key. talk about BEAT.
- Pay Day!! *show me the money whaa whaaa*
- Chipotle … before the E.Coli.
- quality time w/ my family (you haven’t had a good time until you have met my mom, cousins, and aunts! Did your aunts ever have a performing singing group? Didn’t think so.)
- digging in my ear with a Q-Tip . no? nobody? me either. gross.
- traveling/ embarking on new journeys. Going sight seeing and road trips bring me joy.
- taking my bra off after a long day. so cliché but so true.
- tranquil evenings. at first I was afraid of living alone, but now I see it’s the greatest creation since Lunchables. *cue candles, Lush fresh face mask, and Lianne la Havas album*
- Happy Hour! – Yes, I’d like a Long Island, please. Ahh or on a good day my fave, a Mai Tai. And Mama, I know you’re reading this, I know I know- “Even a sip is considered drinking!” #DontDrinkandDrive #MamaTaughtMeThat
- Conrad. Something about that guy just keeps me going.The epitome of dope. A spontaneous lover and genuine friend. My biggest headache but I Love him to death. CR, thank you for everything you do and for being patient with an emotional, goofy, overly passionate person like me.
Today’s Keyword: nirvana (n): a state of perfect happiness; an ideal or idyllic place
All of these feelings bring me just that- pure nirvana. Peace on Earth. Appreciate the life you live and all the life around you as well. What makes you feel good? What brings you nirvana or just keeps you sane? Don’t hesitate to share your top one or two below in the comments!
feeling good & living better,
P.S. HAPPY BDAY MAMA! LOVE YOU MUCH, YOU AMAZING LADY YOU 🙂